Friday, March 2, 2012

Stormy

Today they are calling for SEVERE weather. The weather stations have just reported that our chance for severe weather is now in the high category, which of course, includes tornadoes. I am all for notification, but all of this attention is starting to make me panic. Especially since they are stating the severe stuff will start between 3 and 4pm. Do you know when I pick up Ally? Yep, 3:30 pm. So, we will just be hanging out there waiting in line to grab her and fly home. Thankfully, we only live 5 minutes away, but I DO. NOT. LIKE. IT.

It reminds me of the day, almost exactly a year ago, that they were calling for tornadoes and severe weather in the afternoon again. The forecasters sounded dire, and calling for it to hit right about pickup time. Obviously, it's a control thing but I worry about my babies being someplace else during a dangerous time. I freaked out and, after conferring with Mike, ran out to pick her up early so that we would miss the bad storms.

Well, that plan didn't quite work out. I threw Kelly in the car and we drove to the school. By the time we got there, it was raining hard and I just ran in while holding Kelly, trying to shelter her face. But then Ally took forever to get to the office, and when we left, it was a deluge. I debated staying at the school, but was fearful that it would get even worse. We sped home while I attempted to see through the rain--the wipers on full-blast really weren't cutting it--and then it began to hail!!!!!!!!! The whole time on the road, I was alternating between cursing and praying. We ran downstairs when we got home, but it was pretty much over. The forecasters were so wrong on their timing and I was so pissed! I'm thankful that we were okay, but we wound up in the worst of it.

I took the following pics just in case we had roof damage, but you can see we had some decent hail. Oh, and just an FYI, I hate to drive in the rain, any rain.














No comments: