I am in a state of anxiety here. My baby, Kelly, is headed for surgery tomorrow. She has had tubes inserted in her ears twice before they actually did anything, and only then with the addition of zyrtec. A few months ago, my husband was brushing her teeeth and noticed how big her tonsils were. We thought that maybe she was getting sick, but they never got any smaller. We took her to the ENT, and he sent her for x-rays.
The results came back that her tonsils and adenoids were "significantly large" and some other insane terms. The dr said that it could impact her breathing (that freaked me out), probably is why she breathes/snores so loud, and could also be a factor with her speech development issues.
But he gave us the choice as to whether or not we should take her tonsils/adenoids out, saying that half of drs would operate now, and the other half would wait and see. We waited one or two months and decided just to do it now, and scheduled it about six weeks ago.
Well, tomorrow is the day. This momma is really worried. I trust the doctor--he did Ally's tubes, both of Kelly's tubes and in fact, even did my tubes as a kid. But this surgery is longer and inherently more complicated than tubes, and she is my baby. I hate watching your child being wheeled away into the operating room. Not to mention, she doesn't really understand what is happening tomorrow and I don't want to scare her. I've tried to explain, but she just says, "No. I don't want to go to the doctor."
I know that, obviously, there are much worse reasons she could be having surgery. I will be glad when this is over. Of course, then I will have to pull out all the stops trying to comfort her and make sure she drinks or eats something. I just hope it works!